Tikus Scanlation is a scanlation team for comic from Malaysia (Komku) and also Japan (Manga). We translate Malay to English, Japanese to English and also English/Japanese to Malay.

So whats everybody's status?

Meow
    Staff

So whats everybody's status?

Post  Meow on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:35 pm

From the memberlist, it seems that everyone is still actively checking this forum. Haven't contacted anyone working on this team before so this is a start i guess. What's your status now?

fjorou
    Staff

Post  fjorou on Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:06 am

Hello (waves) -- I'm just a slow cleaner.
    But I've just recently finished up chapter 8 for User. d(^^)b

Meow
    Staff

Re: So whats everybody's status?

Post  Meow on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:01 am

wow, i thought that i had to wait a few days for a reply! haha. (waves back)!! Oh, could you teach me how to clean and edit the pages? Just wanna learn something new. are you doing the type-setting as well? If not, imma try using paint to type-set. haha.
    Natsu
    Admin

Post  Natsu on Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:52 am

Yo! I'm just fine xD Not all of our staff is here ==' Where are they! I e-mail them about this forum already!! But all the staff from our Project USER is here... That's good Very Happy

Meow
    Staff

Post  Meow on Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:16 pm

Actually, i can do translations for multiple series. It's not as time consuming as cleaning and type-setting. Haha. Oh, and just a suggestion: Try placing a black page behind each scanned page and see if it comes out without pictures from the previous pages
    Natsu
    Admin

Post  Natsu on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:02 am

Meow wrote:Actually, i can do translations for multiple series. It's not as time consuming as cleaning and type-setting. Haha. Oh, and just a suggestion: Try placing a black page behind each scanned page and see if it comes out without pictures from the previous pages

Of course you can do it, but we still need a cleaner & typesetter. BTW, what do you mean by putting black page behind the scanned page. I think I know what you mean, but that's not the problem here... The RAW I have for User is quite bad... It have a few misprint in it; like an overlaying page and such, but it still readable.

Meow
    Staff

Post  Meow on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:49 am

Ah, then that's too bad then. I'm gonna try learning some cleaning from youtube or deviantart. I'll send you the results and if you think its okay, I'll try helping out with cleaning. Cool
    Natsu
    Admin

Post  Natsu on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:27 am

Meow wrote:Ah, then that's too bad then. I'm gonna try learning some cleaning from youtube or deviantart. I'll send you the results and if you think its okay, I'll try helping out with cleaning. Cool

Oh okay (y) Thank you for the effort Very Happy

Meow
    Staff

Post  Meow on Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:04 am

hiei.luke@gmail.com: was wondering are you still recruiting for Fudanshism? Maybe I can help with proofreading or do a lil' bit typesetting..

This was on the blog. Very Happy

Updates on Meow:
    I have made no progress with learning how to clean Evil or Very Mad
    Excuse: Real world issues
    Will definately be free at the end of june so I'll learn my cleaning then. Hope this group stays alive till then. A waste to see this group go down.

On another note, how's everybody with their lives?

Natsu
    Admin

Post  Natsu on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:15 am

Meow wrote:hiei.luke@gmail.com: was wondering are you still recruiting for Fudanshism? Maybe I can help with proofreading or do a lil' bit typesetting..

This was on the blog. Very Happy

Updates on Meow:
    I have made no progress with learning how to clean Evil or Very Mad
    Excuse: Real world issues
    Will definately be free at the end of june so I'll learn my cleaning then. Hope this group stays alive till then. A waste to see this group go down.

On another note, how's everybody with their lives?

I don't know about recruiting another staff... I lose interest in handling the staff... If you want to take him in, go on, I don't mind. Actually, I don't want to lead any project for now... You guy's could just do whatever you want; continue on the ongoing project or started a new project. If you need anything, you can just message me and you can PM our TKScan Facebook page. I give you guys the permission to run this team... If you want to add new staff in this forum or update our blog... Just ask me, I'll do it or give you the permission/power to do so Smile <-- This statement is for all the staff!

fjorou
    Staff

Post  fjorou on Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:54 am

Meow wrote:wow, i thought that i had to wait a few days for a reply! haha. (waves back)!! Oh, could you teach me how to clean and edit the pages? Just wanna learn something new. are you doing the type-setting as well? If not, imma try using paint to type-set. haha.
    Um, ha, ha ... You caught me in a productive spell, then.
    I go through cycles.
    Hrrm, on cleaning: What software are you working with? Tutorials depend on what you're using, though I should think the basic steps are the same. (Cropping, leveling, rotating, greyscaling, cleaning, redrawing, etc.)
    Type-setting: Currently, no. Though, I've pretty much figured out type-setting, so I'm decently knowledgeable in that. (Type-setting would go easier, I think, in other software.)
    In the end, though, I've less than a year's experience, so I'm also fairly new to it as well.

Meow
    Staff

Post  Meow on Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:48 pm

fjorou wrote:
    Um, ha, ha ... You caught me in a productive spell, then.
    I go through cycles.
    Hrrm, on cleaning: What software are you working with? Tutorials depend on what you're using, though I should think the basic steps are the same. (Cropping, leveling, rotating, greyscaling, cleaning, redrawing, etc.)
    Type-setting: Currently, no. Though, I've pretty much figured out type-setting, so I'm decently knowledgeable in that. (Type-setting would go easier, I think, in other software.)
    In the end, though, I've less than a year's experience, so I'm also fairly new to it as well.

Which software would you recommend? I think its best for me to use a software which you're familiar with as I'm learning from you. Laughing

fjorou
    Staff

GIMP

Post  fjorou on Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:43 pm

(Sorry, I'd missed the email where it notified me of a reply.)

Well, I'd recommend GIMP since its free and has the general specs of its higher-end, costly counterpart, Photoshop.
    It can be downloaded free at: http://www.gimp.org/
    (In GIMP, type-setting will go easier because each text bubble is created as it's own layer, so you can easily edit as you go -- adding fixes or adjusting bubble sizes.)

As I said before, the basic steps in cleaning are: (1) rotating, (2) cropping, (3) greyscaling, (4) leveling, (5) cleaning, (6) redrawing -- although the steps could be done out of that order, that's a good progression.

As I edit, I create new layers (mainly new copies of the original) on top of the old. This helps keep track of the steps and serves as comparison points as you clean the images.

Once you download GIMP, you can open my cleaning files below(.xcf's) to see the changes/basic steps as they semi-happened.
    mediafire: mediafire.com ?15lpoh8k2xs2loj (zip-file)
    Natsu
    Admin

Important Announcement!

Post  Natsu on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:07 am

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:32 am